Best WiFi Routers for Streaming 2021:
In fact, the video or music original files are stored in a web server and play in your client whenever you want.
Today, the streaming is one of the most widely used activities in home WiFi networks, and as before, users do not have to store large files on their own systems, because they are available at any time they need.
The streaming is the most bandwidth-consuming applications in WiFi network, and you should be equipped by appropriate internet and WiFi systems.
There are two types of bandwidth limitations in Streaming, the first one is the internet connection speed and the second is WiFi network speed.
The First limitation is not a big challenge because most internet providers support higher speeds than required (watching a 4K video requires 20-25Mbps bandwidth).
The main challenges in streaming application are The WiFi technology limitations, because the WiFi network’s speed is not as stable as the internet connection’s speed. The speed of your WiFi network depends on several variable factors, like:
- the router’s technology
- number of connected users and devices
- type of service
- router’s installation conditions & ….
The reasons Why the WiFi Speed is not stable and reliable are as follows:
- The WiFi Router’s claimed speed is nominal; it means the raw communication speed in ideal conditions, which is not accessible at all, so count on 50% of it.
- The WiFi Router’s speed depends on the router’s installation location and environment noises, the channel-width and coverage.
- The WiFi Router’s speed is general: it means the router’s overall speed is divided between users and devices, so you cannot have your maximum router’s speed for each user or device.
- The Number of connected users and devices has a direct impact on the quality of WiFi service, it means that the more users and devices, the lower the WiFi network quality.
- Each type of service that the users use has a different effect on the WiFi network’s quality, for example an instagram user consumes much more bandwidth than a web-surfing user.
Read more: How To Boost Your WiFi
According to the above mentioned considerations, it is difficult to have a high speed , stable ad reliable WiFi service.
How can you choose a professional WiFi Router?
If you want to have a smooth Streaming over the internet, it’s better to choose a professional WiFi router, here are some tips to help you choose a proper WiFi router:
- Choose a dual band router ( a dual band router supports 4Ghz and 5Ghz bands simultaneously , although a tri-bands router is a most professional option).
- Choose a router that supports QoS ( to prioritize network and internet usage)
- Choose a router that supports Beam-Forming Technology.( to have more stable connections)
- Technically, the number of antennas indicates the power of the router.Try to choose a router that has more than 2 antennas ( internal or external)
- It’s better to choose a high-power router, most routers on the market are not high-power( the High-Power routers have more WiFi coverage)
Our technical team has performed a series of detailed tests on different routers from different brands, finally, we suggest the following list for choosing a proper Streaming WiFi Router:
|Netgear Nighthawk AX12||400$||Professional Pick|
|Asus RT-AX86U||328$||Professional Pick|
|TP-Link Archer AX 6000||280$||High-level Pick|
|Linksys EA9500 Max Stream||278$||High-level Pick|
|TP-Link Archer AX5400 WiFi6||200$||Mid-Level Pick|
|Netgear Nighthawk AX8||192$||Mid-Level Pick|
|Asus RT-AX3000 WiFi6||147$||Budget pick Pick|
|Linksys AC2200 Max Stream||124$||Budget pick|
|TP-Link AX1500 Smart WiFi Router||80$||Budget pick|