Gaming WiFi Routers
Most console games and PC games nowadays are online and require a high-quality and stable internet connection.
Connection stability is crucial in online games because the player won’t be able to experience the game properly (lag and high ping) or even get disconnected completely if they have a poor connection. a Gaming WiFi router is designed specifically for providing quality services for playing video games. These routers pay special attention to connection stability.
There are many differences between gaming routers vs normal routers. For example, most gaming routers have a separate (Reserved) connection band and a special processor that handles the connection to the gaming consoles, both of which are inaccessible to other home devices. These capabilities can significantly increase the connection quality and stability. The Reserved WiFi band usually uses the latest WiFi standards and has a very high quality and speed. Gaming routers are divided into 4 categories :
A number of features and technologies used in a gaming router include the following :
- Prioritizing Network Traffic (QoS): Allows you to give a higher priority to a group of equipment and services for using the WiFi network and Internet bandwidth.
- Geofencing: Create a geographical boundary to connect to closer servers.
- Ping heatmap: Monitor the servers you are looking for, so that you can instantaneously know the quality of communication of the
- Traffic Controller: This feature acts like a new generation firewall for you, allowing you to ban specific programs, ports and devices from entering into the network.
- Game Boost: This feature works by analyzing the incoming traffic to the router, detects the packets related to game consoles and serves them with a higher priority. This service simply runs with a click on the router’s management console (Generally available in every gaming wifi router) .
- Gamers private Network: This feature, implemented by “WTfast”, creates a dedicated network for gamers to get faster access to Game Servers, in this case, the Ping Time rate is significantly reduced and as a result, the quality of the game increases dramatically.
- Game Device Prioritization: A LAN port is dedicated exclusively to servicing Game Consoles and all traffic coming in from this port is serviced with the highest priority.
- Game Packet Prioritization: Which is a optimized “QoS” service for gaming. This feature allows you to give a higher priority to game plan traffic than the rest of the traffic of other apps.
- Shortest path to the game server: The router intelligently finds the shortest path between your gaming wifi router (home network) and game server, so the Ping Time rate decreases significantly.
Here you see a list of the best gaming WiFi routers that are gathered by our technical engineers.
End of products
No more pages to load