Asus RT AX82U Gaming Router Price:
The price of this router is much more reasonable than other gaming routers in this level. The price is around 230-260$ which is a low price for a full-featured WiFi6 router.
Prioritizing The Gaming Traffic:
Asus RT AX82U Gaming Router has very special capabilities to enhance the quality of online games, this router utilizes two proprietary capabilities to prioritize the gaming and strengthen the gamer’s communication from the game console to the main server. These 2 features include :
- Prioritize via Gaming Port
- This router equipped with a dedicated gaming port which automatically prioritizes any wired device connected to it (by allocating more bandwidth and resources) . No need to any special configuration, just connect your gaming PC or gaming console to this port.
- Prioritize via Gear Accelerator:
- Gear Accelerator lets you prioritize wireless client devices via RT-AX82U’s online control panel. You can prioritize devices to help boost their speed and prevent them fighting over bandwidth with other devices.
Proprietary Mesh Capability:
We all know Mesh technology and know that it is impossible to implement a large, integrated WiFi network without using this technology. Most WiFi manufacturer are looking to implement a customized version of standard mesh. The ASUS company has implemented a proprietary Mesh technology called “AiMesh”.
Since “AiMesh” is specifically designed for ASUS Routers , it definitely works much more optimally than the Standard Mesh.
Proprietary Security System:
Asus RT-AX82U has an internal security system designed and implemented by Trend Micro ( a famous cloud-based security company). This feature is called Asus AiProtection, this system protects your gaming network from all security risks and neutralizes them before they reach your network and devices. Even if your computer does not have a security system.
This Router is a VPN Server …!
One of the interesting features of this gaming WiFi router is the existence of a VPN Server service. It’s good to mention that usually WiFi routers only have VPN service capability and can connect to a VPN Server as a VPN Client, but this router itself can work as a VPN Server. But what is its application?
You may need to make servers or programs (e.g. Home or Office file server , VOIP or CCTV systems) within the network accessible from the Internet. (also known as Server Publishing). There are two ways to to do this:
- DMZ or Virtual Server service: Which is very risky because in this case these resources are exposed to the access of all Internet users.
- VPN Server service: Which is a secure method and recommended by cybersecurity engineers. But since setting up this server may be a bit complicated; it is not popular between users.
Asus RT AX82U has embedded VPN Server service. You can set up this server easily and with the least complexity possible. In this method it no longer requires to publish internal servers and programs on the Internet. Authorized Internet users who want to access the internal servers , can first connect to the router as VPN Client and then use them safely as an internal user.
Different tests were performed by WiFiAdviser technical team on this router. Which included 4K online game interruption test, overall speed testing in high noise and low noise environments, communication stability test and finally proprietary Gaming capabilities test. In the end, we gave the router a score of 8.5 out of 10, which is a very good score for a gaming WiFi 6 router.
By purchasing this router, you will have a very high level home gaming network and you will have no restrictions on servicing and using game consoles.